The border has three reserves that repeat the view of the Church.

 

BACK

PLATE

Winter view of Pittsfield Mass

CLEWES STAFFORDSHIRE

c.1825

SOLD

 

Diameter 10-1/2 inches.

This plate features the famous old Elm (which was cut down in 1861): the building is the Congregational Church (after a fire in 1851 it was no longer in use).

Buildings in the background include the Baptist Church, the Maplewood Institue and the Berkshire Hotel. The border has three reserves that repeat the view of the Church.

 

Mark: Blue printed Clewes and title, impressed mark.
: PORCELAIN : POTTERY : GLASS : SILVER